Jared Joseph Leto (born December 26, 1971) is an American actor and musician. His first major acting performance was as Jordan Catalano in the television series My So-Called Life. This led to a growing film career, including a critically-acclaimed portrayal of a drug addict in Requiem for a Dream. Additionally, Leto is the lead vocalist and rhythm guitarist of the rock band 30 Seconds to Mars.
* Longfellow Middle School, McLean, Virginia
* Newton North High School - Graduated in 1989
* Flint Hill School, Oakton, Virginia
* Emerson Preparatory School, Washington, DC
* University of the Arts in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania; majored in painting
* School of Visual Arts, New York; majored in filmmaking. While there, he starred in his own movie, Crying Joy
Jared is the back up guitarist and lead vocalist of the band 30 Seconds to Mars along with his brother, Shannon, on drums, Tomo Milicevic on guitar, and former bassist Matt Wachter.The band has two albums: 2002's self titled debut 30 Seconds to Mars (Also known as "Red Planet") and 2005's A Beautiful Lie. They began opening for other bands and started their first ever headlining tour, Forever Night Never Day, in March of 2006. Their music video for "The Kill" has been a constant player on MTV's Elite 8 and T-Minus Rock and is also popular on many Fuse programs. "The Kill" also won the MTV2 Award in the 2006 VMAs. They also have a new video for "From Yesterday", which is 4 minutes and 03 seconds long and the first American rock video ever shot in its entirety in the People's Republic of China . Jared also got the award for "Prince of Darkness" at the Fuse Fangoria Chainsaw Awards. ( Aired October 28th, 2006).
Virgin Records announced on January 4, 2007 that the band's second album has been certified platinum with sales of over one million copies. This further success comes on the heels of Leto's award for breakthrough crossover artist given at the 6th annual Hollywood Life Awards held in December of 2006.
On March 1, 2007, while playing in El Paso, Texas, Leto announced that Matt Wachter was leaving the band. It was later confirmed on 30secondstomars.com that this was because Matt wanted to spend time with his family. During this show Leto's nose was accidentally broken by out of control fans.
* Chapter 27 (2007) (post-production) as Mark David Chapman
* Lonely Hearts (2006) as Raymond Fernandez
* Lord of War (2005) as Vitaly Orlov
* Alexander (2004) as Hephaestion
* Panic Room (2002) as Junior
* Highway (2002) as Jack Hayes
* Sunset Strip (2000) as Glen Walker
* Requiem for a Dream (2000) as Harry Goldfarb
* American Psycho (2000) as Paul Allen
* Girl, Interrupted (1999) as Tobias 'Toby' Jacobs
* Fight Club (1999) as Angelface
* Black and White (1999) as Casey
* The Thin Red Line (1998) as Second Lieutenant Whyte
* Urban Legend (1998) as Paul Gardener
* Basil (1998) as Basil
* Switchback (1997 ) as Lane Dixon
* Prefontaine (1997) as Steve Prefontaine
* The Last of the High Kings (1996) as Frankie Griffin
* How to Make an American Quilt (1995) as Beck
* Cool and the Crazy (1994) (TV) as Michael
* My So-Called Life (1994) TV Series as Jordan Catalano
|Latest news about Jared Leto