Carla Humphries (born Madeleine Lauren Humphries on May 20, 1988 in California, USA) is a commercial model and actress in the Philippines. In her acting roles, she is sometimes credited as Carla Humphries Loren or Carla Loren.
She is of mixed descent, having a Filipina mother and an Italian-American father. She is fluent in English, French, and Filipino.
Humphries is best known for her role as Rita Arguelles in ABS-CBN's soap opera Bituing Walang Ningning and for her appearances in TV commercials.
She is currently working on Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv -- a weekly, youth-oriented drama series that began airing on November 25, 2006 on the ABS-CBN network.
Humphries has been a member of Star Magic, ABS CBN's circle of homegrown talents, since 2003.
Humphries was discovered in 1999 at the age of 11 by Johnny Manahan, the Director of the ABS-CBN Talent Center (now known as Star Magic). He invited her to join the Talent Center's acting workshops and audition as a Talent Center artist after seeing her perform in her school's Recognition Day program.
Humphries attended workshops in various disciplines, including acting, singing, and personality development over the course of two years. She was accepted and launched as a member of Star Circle Batch 11 in May 2003.
After her launch, Humphries began appearing in one-time guest supporting roles on various shows on the ABS-CBN network. Her first recurring guest role came in late 2003, when she was cast as a fashion model named "Paris" in the youth-oriented TV show Berks. In the show, Paris subsequently became the girlfriend of Berks regular, Ketchup (portrayed by Ketchup Eusebio). The role would be the first time Humphries is paired with a comedian, a pattern that is later repeated in the TV show Qpids.
In 2004, Humphries appeared in a supporting role in her first movie, My First Romance, as a friend of the lead character portrayed by Heart Evangelista. She was also cast that same year in her first primetime recurring guest role as "Penelope" in the TV series Sarah, the Teen Princess where she was positioned as a romantic rival of the show's lead character portrayed by Sarah Geronimo. The role ended prematurely when the show was canceled due to poor ratings.
In 2005, Humphries got her first big break on primetime TV when she was cast in ABS-CBN's Reality Loveteam Search Qpids in 2005, where she and her loveteam partner Janus del Prado emerged as the Qpids Voter's Choice for receiving the most votes from viewers through phone calls and SMS text messages.
In 2006, Humphries and loveteam partner Janus del Prado were cast in the Langis episode of Maalaala Mo Kaya, a drama anthology on ABS-CBN, where Humphries' performance garnered glowing reviews from the local entertainment press.
In the same year, Humphries was cast as "Rita Arguelles" in the primetime drama series Bituing Walang Ningning, which starred Sarah Geronimo and Angelika dela Cruz. The series ran for 21 weeks during which time one of her shampoo commercials also began airing in the Philippines (See Commercial modeling), making her more visible and recognizable.
Humphries was also cast as one of the four lead characters in the youth-oriented TV series Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv, which began airing in November 2006. The show launched her new loveteam with Victor Basa.
Also in 2006, Humphries appeared in supporting roles in two well-received Star Cinema movies, D' Lucky Ones and First Day High.
In 2003 shortly after her launch, Humphries began appearing in local style and fashion magazines intended for the teen market.
In 2004, she landed her first magazine cover with Pink Magazine and appeared for the first time in Metro Weddings, an upscale magazine targeted at the bridal market. Also in the same year, Humphries appeared in her first TV commercial for Globe Telecom's GenTxt club.
In 2006, she landed her first multi-country TV commercial for Sunsilk shampoo. Her commercials were aired in 6 countries in the Asian region.
Humphries is the second of four children born to a Filipina mother and an Italian-American father who grew up in France.Humphries and older brother Alec were born in the United States, while her two younger siblings Nicolas and Samantha were born in France and the Philippines, respectively.
Humphries studied in French schools until her mother transferred her to the ABS-CBN Distance Learning Center (DLC) in Manila, where she obtained her high school diploma.
She enrolled and attended one year at the University of Santo Tomas to study Fine Arts, before transferring to the Center for International Education (CIE), whose more flexible schedule allowed her to pursue her acting career without giving up her studies.
Humphries dabbles in both music and art, and at one point entertained the idea of working in a museum or a gallery. She has been painting since she was eight years old: "I have always loved drawing and was always best in drawing in school. After that, I did after-class painting workshops. I love painting abstracts and landscapes. My works either reflect me, or they're sceneries. But I don't consider myself a professional."
In an interview in May 2004, Humphries admitted to having had a boyfriend at the age of 14, "but it lasted only for four months as I realized I was too young."
While on the set of the TV series Qpids in 2005, Humphries met actor Janus del Prado and was subsequently partnered with him by Qpids creator Lauren Dyogi to form an acting love team.
In an interview in October 2005, Humphries clarified that she and del Prado are "not together but he's courting me. We're happy being a loveteam at the moment. We can't say right now if we can be more than that."
In February 2006, a magazine feature article confirmed that Humphries and del Prado had officially become a couple. The relationship, however, did not last as confirmed by both Humphries and del Prado when they appeared together on the September 5, 2006 episode of Homeboy, a Philippine morning talk show.
* Komiks Presents: Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko (2007) .... Cynthia
* Star Magic Presents: Abt Ur Luv (2006) .... Brenda
* Your Song: Panalangin (2006) .... Jessica
* Star Magic Presents: My Angel (2006) .... Shane
* Bituing Walang Ningning (2006, ABS-CBN) .... Rita Arguelles
* Komiks: Ang Sandok ni Boninay (2006) .... Fairy
* Pangarap at Tagumpay: Mga Kuwento sa Likod ng Wowowee, The Edwin Sumampong Story (2006) .... Edwin's wife
* Your Song: I'll Never Get Over You Getting Over Me (2006) .... Erica
* Vietnam Rose (2006) .... young Editha dela Cerna
* Maalaala Mo Kaya: Langis (2006) .... Lani
* Qpids and Qpids Sunday Loventures (2005, ABS-CBN reality show) .... as herself
* Fanatic Allstars: Qpids Qties (2005) .... as herself
* MTB: MTB Fresh Girls (2004) .... as herself
* Wansapanatym: Ang Wish ko ay Sumapit (2004) .... Singing Angel
* Sarah, The Teen Princess (2004) .... Penelope
* Wazzup Wazzup (2004) .... Mindy (Panapanahon Girl)
* Wansapanatym: Hardin ng Mga Wenekleks (2004) .... Garden Fairy
* Marina (2004) .... young Lorelei
* Tara Tena: Smart Joker, Sweet Lover (2004) .... best friend
* Wansapanatym: Magic Paintbrush (2004) .... Jennifer
* Berks (2003) .... Paris
* Sana'y Wala Nang Wakas (2003) .... secretary
* Tara Tena: Mukha ng Pag-ibig (2003) .... Sandra
* Maalaala Mo Kaya: Bonnet (2003) .... girlfriend
* First Day High (2006, Star Cinema)
* D' Lucky Ones! (2006, Star Cinema) .... Yammy
* My First Romance (2004, Star Cinema) .... "Angel Guia"
Appearances in Music Videos
* D Lucky Ones by Sandara Park (2006)
* Dito sa Puso Ko by Nikki Gil & Josh Santana (2005)
* Change is Breaking Us Apart by The Dawn (2005) .... daughter
* Bongga Ka 'Day by The Akafellas (2003) .... girl
Commercials and Print Ads
Humphries has been appearing in TV commercials and print ads for products in the consumer goods and fashion industries since 2003.
* Sunsilk Relax and Control Shampoo
* Sunsilk Shampoo Promotion
* C2 Green Tea Iced Tea -- TVC/Philippines, Nov 2004
* Globe Telecom's GenTxt -- TVC and Print/Philippines, Jul 2004
* B.U.M. G Apparel -- Print and Billboards/Philippines, Dec 2003
* The stage name "Carla Humphries-Loren" was first used in Qpids in 2005, with the intent to eventually transition her stage name to "Carla Loren" ostensibly to improve her name recall among Filipino viewers. After Qpids, however, Humphries continued to be credited as "Carla Humphries."
* Her fashion and style icon is Audrey Hepburn.
|Latest news about Carla Humphries
Fairest of Them All: Georgina Wilson, Carla Humphries, Isabelle ...
Fairest of Them All: Georgina Wilson, Carla Humphries, Isabelle Daza, Liz Uy, Solenn Heussaff and Bea Soriano. Image courtesy of Fashion PULIS reader. Posted by Fashion PULIS at Friday, September 13, 2013 · Email ThisBlogThis! Continue reading
Carla Humphries - pro fashion photographer based in manila
An afternoon at the studio with girl-on-fire Carla Humphries. She did her own makeup. Styled by Kaydee Yco. Shot with Nikon. Enjoy! Continue reading
Carla Humphries Bra Size, Height, Weight, Age, Body Measurements
Carla Humphries Height in centimeter (cm) Carla Humphries hot. 170 cm. Carla Humphries Height in Inch. 66.9291 inch. Carla Humphries Height in feet. 5.57743 foot , 5 feet 6 inches. Carla Humphries Weight. 50 kg or 110.231 Pound. Continue reading