Bea Alonzo (real name: Phylbert Angellie Ranollo Fagestrom) is a Filipina actress. She was born on October 17, 1987. Her father is British while her mother is Filipino. She is a member of ABS-CBN's elite circle of homegrown talents collectively known as "Star Magic".
Bea Alonzo had always dreamed of being in show business.Growing up without a father since the age of four, Bea has nonetheless managed to strike it out on her own.
She joined beauty contests at a very young age and she was moderately successful in this endeavor. It was in a small town beauty contest that she was discovered by famed Filipino fashion designer Oscar Peralta who then brought her to the attention of talent manager Archie Ilagan. The latter presented Bea to the head of the ABS-CBN Talent Center Johnny Manahan who inducted her into the Star Circle Batch 10. There she would be given a wide-range of acting lessons which later helped her land a part in the teen-oriented drama / comedy K2BU.
In 2003, at the age of 15, Bea would be cast as 20 year old lawyer Katrina Argos in the TV drama Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay. The role would garner her her first "Best Actress" nomination at the 2003 PMPC Star Awards.
The role of Katrina Argos would also pair Bea with John Lloyd Cruz who played Yuri Orbida in the drama series. John Lloyd would eventually be Bea's long-time on-screen romantic partner and the Bea Alonzo-John Lloyd Cruz tandem proved to be quite popular that it was featured in three more TV drama series: It Might Be You, Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin and currently Maging Sino Ka Man. The pair would also star in movies such as My First Romace (where Bea Alonzo was named "Best New Movie Actress" at the 2004 PMPC Star Awards), Now That I Have You, Close To You and the recent All About Love.
After All About Love, Bea's next movie project is a remake of the classic Dolphy movie Pacifica Falapay. The movie co-stars Vhong Navarro and it will be Bea's first foray into big-screen feature-length comedies.
Although Bea has been paired with John Lloyd Cruz for several years, she claims that there has been no real romantic involvement between them.
For quite a while, Alonzo was rumored to be dating Filipino actor Mico Palanca, younger brother of Bernard Palanca, who is also an actor. Both Palanca and Alonzo, however, have recently confirmed this.
In 2005, Bea celebrated her 18th birthday. and she commemorated the occasion with Bea's Wildest Dreams at 18: Birthday TV Special.The show featured Bea and her best friend Shaina Magdayao going on an adventure in Singapore. And amid birthday greetings from fellow ABS-CBN talents, the TV special showcased Bea's singing and dancing prowess as well.
* Pacifica Falaypay (announced)
* Pacquiao: The Movie (2006) .... Jinky Pacquiao
* All About Love (2006) .... Lia
* Close To You (2006) .... Marian
* Dreamboy (2005) .... Cyd
* Now That I Have You (2004) .... Betsy Rallos
* My First Romance (2003) .... Bianca
TV Shows and Appearances
o episode: "Da Adventures of Pedro Penduko" (2006) .... Mangbabarang
o episode: "Mga Kamay ni Hilda" (2006) .... Hilda
o episode: "Bampy" (2006) .... Vampire
* Maging Sino Ka Man (2006) .... Jackie Madrigal / Princess
* Star Magic Presents episode: Miss...Mistress (2006)
* Bea's Wildest Dreams at 18: Birthday TV Special (2005) .... as herself
* Ikaw Ang Lahat Sa Akin (2005) .... Jasmin Fontanilla
* It Might Be You (2003) .... Cielo San Carlos
* Dolphy: A Diamond Life (2003) .... as herself
* Kay Tagal Kang Hinintay (2002) .... Katrina Argos
* ASAP (2002) .... as herself
* K2BU (2002) .... Dianne
* Miss FAMAS Screen Idol - 2005 FAMAS Awards
* Princess of RP Movies - 2004 Guillermo Mendoza Awards
* Best New Movie Actress - 2004 PMPC Star Awards for Movies
* Most Popular Love Team of RP Movies (with John Lloyd Cruz) - 2003 Guillermo Mendoza Awards
|Latest news about Bea Alonzo